Places I want to Visit *hopefully before I die* 🙂
I have to admit that I am not much of a travel enthusiast because I’m afraid to travel alone and maybe I’m also scared to get lost alone in a place I am not familiar with.
And because I am on a mission to cross out things from my bucket list, I decided to check out and read about the advantages of travelling alone. Then a quote was shared to me by a friend and it massively got me like, I seriously need to plan on my future travels. :0
“Never did the world make a queen of a girl who hides in houses and dreams without traveling.” ― Roman Payne, The Wanderess
My top 5 Places I want to Visit:
1. Batanes (Philippines) – Batanes is an island province in the region of Cagayan Valley. Who wouldn’t fall in love in with this place? I have seen and heard about this place in movies and TV shows, and I just I want to run away and be there and see for myself the beauty of the island. Some regard Batanes as home for honest people, for they have this store named “Honesty Coffee Shop” where no one mans the store and you get what you want to buy list in on the logbook then leave the payment inside a small box. *how cool is that?*
2. New Zealand – Who wouldn’t love to see Middle Earth? When J.R.R. Tolkien’s imagination comes to life in movies you would definitely want to see a piece of the place where it all happened. Some of the places were turned into permanent attraction (e.g. Hobbiton movie set in Matamata), some were left as it is, but still I want to see it personally and close my eyes and be transported to the same scene that happened in the movie.
3. Santorini (Greece) – This place is just WOW! The rich cultural heritage, amazing landscapes, breath-taking views is just….wow! this could be a perfect haven for couples but I say, I want to go there and experience the beauty of the place by myself.
4. Dubai (UAE) – I don’t know, but I just want to go here in some point in my life. I think this post wouldn’t be complete without Dubai in my list. I guess I wanted to see what other people always say about this city. The humongous buildings, man-made islands, vast desert, It’s miracle garden, Burj Al Arab which I find really stupendous.
5. United Kingdom – Now my ultimate to go place, no other than the home of Shakespearean literature. *I can also say it’s because of One Direction* 🙂 But I will not miss the place where my favorite classic British authors were born and got their inspiration from their acclaimed literary works. I already have a list in mind including Shakespeare’s birthplace Stratford-upon-Avon. Haworth, West Yorkshire (Haworth Parsonage) where Emily Brontë died in which she refused help from doctors saying she would have “no poisoning doctor” near her. Jane Austen House Museum in the village of Chawton near Alton in Hampshire, the place where Jane Austen spent her last 8 years in life.
River Ouse in the counties of West and East Sussex, the place where Virginia Woolf killed herself by placing stones on her overcoat pockets and drowned herself.
I have more places to add for my “to go” places in the UK, I know my list are very unusual but I rather have these unusual places to visit in the future where I could feel proud of the exquisite travel.
***I do not claim any credits for the photos posted on this site. If there are any photos appearing on this blog that belongs to you, and wish to have it removed please send an email with the link of the photo and it will be promptly removed.***